In order to support our research into components and reciprocating internal combustion engines and into new fuels for automotive use, we have an engine lab fully equipped for testing on engine test stands.
The main installations and equipment in the engine lab are the following:
- 2 automatic test cells for testing engines of the following maximum power:
- A 125kW asynchronous machine;
- 260kW, 90kW, 15kW eddy current dynamometers.
- A 100Hz automatic acquisition system (pressure, temperature, flow rate, levels, alarms).
- A high-rate data dump system (10MHz max.) synchronised with the crank signal (encoder).
- An exhaust gas analyser (CO, CO2, O2, HC, NOx).
- A particle mini tunnel for measuring particles.
These tests are performed according to different standards depending on the type of motor or component to be tested:
- Engine performance analysis (power curves, emissions, etc.).
- Engine anti-pollution type-approval.
- Reliability of engines and main control panels (long automated cycles).
- Custom-made tests for component design and type-approval (pistons, EGR-coolers, catalysers, crank, DPF, etc.).