“Virtual certification of acoustic performance for rolling stock”
Programme:The workshop was held at the Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie, Avenue Louise 91-93, B-1050 Brussels, and started around 9:00AM with a welcome speech from Dr. Philippe Citroën, Director General of UNIFE. Mr Jean-Marie Bodson, Technical Director of Standards & Regulations at Alstom Transport introduced the project together with the technical coordinator, Mr Nicolas Furio from UNIFE.The main results of ACOUTRAIN were presented during a full day event, structured in 5 main sections:
- Session 1 – Basic tools for virtual certification.
- Introduction to concepts of Virtual Testing
- Virtual Vehicle, process flowchart (WP1)
- Software definition + demonstration (WP4)
- Validation of software (WP4)
- Session 2 – Noise sources characterisation.
- Rolling noise: how to use TWINS; wheel roughness (WP2)
- Vehicle Source characterisation measurements (WP3)
- Integration effects (WP3)
- Session 3 – Methods related to virtual certification.
- Separation/transposition procedures (WP2)
- Simplified method (WP1)
- Specific situations, other metrics, use for
- END (WP1)
- Session 4 – Example application: NAT Case study.
- Measurement Campaign
- Modelling Concept
- Session 5 – Virtual testing within certification.
- Procedures: ACOUTRAIN proposals
- Summary of outcomes, open issues
- (Recommendations for future research)
The Final Conference was an opportunity to discuss about virtual certification. A dedicated session for questions and answers was opened in the last part of each session.